2021 AND 2022 AVAILABILITY!
2021 AND 2022 AVAILABILITY!
Available in large print: Email: email@example.com
This privacy notice sets out how Country Escapes Limited (the company owning Waterside Barn holiday rental), uses and protects any personal information that you give us when you book a holiday or contact us via email or our website.
Country Escapes Limited takes your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. If you provide us with certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or via any other means, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Who we are:
‘We’ or ‘us’ means Country Escapes Limited (the company owning Waterside Barn holiday rental).
If you wish to contact us, please contact us via our online contact form.
By contacting us, using our services or visiting our website, which is owned and controlled by us (‘our website’) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise.
Information we collect from you:
Information you give us:
We collect and process the following data when you make a booking, or communicate to us through telephone, email, social media or our website:
- Your comments about why you are contacting us
- On our subscribe/ mailing list we collect the following information: your name and address
Information we receive from other sources:
- We may receive information about you from third parties such as travel agents including Cottages.com and Tripadvisor. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties that it may be shared internally by us, and combined with data collected from multiple sources
- We also work with third parties (services and activities provided by companies at the holiday rental), and we may receive information about you from them
Security: how your data is stored:
We are committed to ensuring that any information you give us is secure. We take appropriate measures to safeguard the information we hold from unauthorised access or proper use
- Our database is stored in a secure, password protected location
- Only users authorised by us have access to this data
- All of the personal data you supply us with as part of the booking process, is stored securely on a third-party booking system; Holiday Bookings Online
- Neither we, or Holiday Bookings Online will share your information with any third party unless there is a legal reason to do so, or you have agreed to such in advance
Where we store your personal data:
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use the information we hold on you:
We require this information for legal reasons, to understand your needs, and provide you with a better service:
- We use your home address to validate your card and send back any items left at the property
- We use your email address to send confirmation of payments and your booking, discussion of how to enhance your holiday, more information regarding the property and local area, and requesting post-stay reviews on the holiday rental
- If you have subscribed to property updates and news, we also use your email to provide you with such a service, no more than 3-4 times a year
- We will not contact you by telephone unless in an emergency and/or we have been unable to contact you by email
- For legal reasons we store your information for 7 years (data will be deleted from our Holiday Bookings Online booking system, unless you request to remain on our distribution list)
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
Disclosure of your information:
You agree that we can share your personal information:
- With our suppliers and affiliated companies for the performance of any contract we enter into with them to allow us to provide services to you, and only where they are under a duty to deal with your personal data in accordance with the law; and
We would like to stay in touch with you:
- To send information about our self-catering holidays, new products and updates, special offers or local events, we send occasional emails (3 or 4 times a year) to people on our distribution list.
- We may use the information you provide us to improve our products and services from time to time
- You can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored in a temporary location on your computer to allow our website to distinguish you from other users of the website. Cookies collect anonymous information which is used to track visitor use of the website for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Essential and non-essential cookies:
Cookies can be classified as either ‘essential’ or ‘non-essential’.
Essential Cookies: these are cookies that are either:
- Used solely to carry out, or facilitate the transmission of communications over a network; or
- Strictly necessary to provide an online service (e.g. our website or a service on our website) which you have requested.
Non-essential Cookies: these are any cookies that do not fall within the definition of essential cookies, such as cookies used to analyse your behaviour on a website (‘analytical’ cookies) or cookies used to display advertisements to you (‘advertising cookies).
Types of Cookies used:
These are cookies which are strictly necessary for our website to be able to operate or to provide you with a service on our website which you have requested. We use the following essential cookies on our website:
- First party ORthird party session multimedia player cookies to play audio AND/OR video content on our website
Legal basis for processing: we process information about you contained in or obtained from essential cookies in our legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
Legitimate interests: ensuring our site functions properly and providing you with online services you have requested.
How to opt out of essential cookies:
Most browsers allow you to block all cookies, including essential cookies. Please note, however, that if you block all cookies, parts of our website and its functionality may not work or display properly.
You can delete existing cookies from your browser by clearing your browsing data and ensuring that the option to delete cookies is selected.
We use the following types of non-essential cookies on our website:
- Cookies are not used to collect any other information from visitors to the website
- No personally identifiable data is kept within any of our cookies
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website and content, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. We are not responsible for third party cookies on other sites.
Accept and deny cookies:
You can modify your browser settings to accept or deny cookies from sites at any time. This will prevent a site from storing any cookies on your machine, however, the functionality of the site may be impaired if cookies are turned off.
Links to other sites:
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. This Privacy notice only applies to www.watersidebarn.co.uk so when you link to other websites you should exercise caution and read their own privacy notices. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask for your permission before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have given us permission to disclose information about you to a third party, you may revoke that permission at any time by contacting us.
You have the right (subject to certain restrictions) to request any of the following; we ask that you send such requests to our contact details as listed above:
§ Access – to access all the personal data we hold about you;
§ Erasure – that we erase all personal data we hold about you, if that data is no longer being used for the purposes you have consented to or if you revoke your consent;
§ Portability – to copy or transfer the personal data we hold about you to another party.
Access to your information:
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information, please email us at email@example.com
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us and we will promptly correct it. If you have previously agreed for us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
Changes to the notice:
You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This notice is effective from 17 July 2019.
How to contact us:
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or information we hold about you, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Sophie Webb, Property Manager, Waterside Barn, Bradbourne Mill, Bradbourne, Ashbourne, Derbyshire. DE6 1NP.